(freehand and painted in water based oils)
Commissioned by Mitchell Gallery, Church Street, Warwick.
Castle was built by William The Conquerer in 1068AD.
From 1088 the Castle traditionally belonged to the Earl Of Warwick.
Was used as a fornication until the early 17th century when it was converted to a country house by Sir Fulke Greville.
The Greville family owned the Castle from 1759 to 1978. The family became Earls.
The Tussauds Group bought the Castle in 1978 and it became a tourist attraction. It is a Grade 1 listed building.
Contact the Mitchell Gallery for availability of original painting and framed prints. Telephone 019126 408787
Was on show at Warwick Castle , as part of the Canaletto Preview Evening from 4 November 2013 to 29 November 2013.
See PRESS article in the Leamington Courier newspaper, 8 December 2016 ‘Enjoy stories of Warwick Castle’
See PRESS article in the Leamington Spa Courier newspaper, 15 November 2013. ‘Local artist’s work at Warwick Castle’
See PRESS article in the Leamington Spa Courier newspaper, 28 September 2012. ‘Warwick Collections jewel is now complete’
See PRESS article in the Leamington Spa Courier newspaper, 14 September 2012. ‘Castle is jewel in collection’s crown’
approved pencil sketch
The Warwick Collection
Kevin Alun Parrish © 2012