(freehand and painted in water based oils)
Commissioned by the Mitchell Gallery, Church Street, Warwick UK
We look up Church Street towards the grand St Mary’s Collegiate Church.
The church was founded in 1123 by the Earl of Warwick during the Norman period and is one of the largest churches in the UK.
Inside the church we have the famous Beauchamp Chapel dating back to the 15th century,where Richard Beauchamp (Earl of Warwick and related to the Kingmaker) has his tomb.
There are other tombs.including the Earl of Dudley family and rich stone carvings, fan vaulting and wall painting.
The church was badly damaged by the Great Fire of Warwick in 1693.
It was rebuilt in a Gothic style by William Wilson from 1704.
The tower rises to 130 feet and good aerial views of the town and beyond can be had by visting the top of the tower by spiral staircase.
The church tower can be seen for miles around and makes a good landmark.
A familiar scene with customers enjoying a drink outside the Zetland Arms Public House, after early evening rain in Church Street.
See PRESS article in Touchbase magazine, December 2009-January 2010. ‘Origins of the Warwick Collection’
See PRESS article in the Picture Business magazine, July/August 2009. ‘Blank Canvas success’
See PRESS article in Warwickshire Touchbase magazine, June/July 2009. ‘Black&White Nostalgic Evening’
See PRESS article in the Leamington Spa Courier newspaper’ May 29 2009. ‘Mono clothing requested for black and white show’
with envelope and cellophane wrapped for sale at £4 each (including postage)
(size 8.5in x 6in)
The Warwick Collection
Kevin Alun Parrish © 2009